Which form of magnesium is best for you?
You’ve probably heard from various different sources that you should be taking magnesium, but sometimes it might get confusing on which type of magnesium you should be taking.
In the video below, I’m going to unpack that and give you some clarity on the different kinds of magnesium and why you might want to use one over the other- plus of course my fav form!
Do you struggle to have the energy you need to do all God has called you to each day? Check out the free PDF resource I put together with 3 steps to support daily detox for better energy that actually gets to the root of the issue when it comes to fatigue!
Which form is best?
We know magnesium is needed for all kinds of processes in the body- mitochondrial function, liver function, enzymatic functions, protection of disease, and more. So obviously it’s important! And most are deficient. Although, we all have a different Magnesium burn rate that is dependent on our lifestyles. So that begs the question- which form is best?
There are many different forms of magnesium–Chloride, Maleate, Oxide, Sulfate, Citrate, Glycinate, Threonate, and Bicarbonate.
Each form has its different benefits, such as Maleate for energy, Glycinate for calming, Threaonate for focus, etc. But I always like to think how were we originally getting Magnesium, you know before soil and water were stripped of nutrients and polluted:)
The form that we were originally receiving from these sources was bicarbonate. Having Magnesium in a water source is the best form to get it into the cell where it needs to be. That is why I prefer using Magnesium Bicarbonate liquid to supplement my Magnesium levels!
Ingredients needed & Instructions to make
First off, you can purchase premade magnesium bicarbonate but I personally do not think it is very economical or sustainable- which you want to think of considering we will need to supplement our Magnesium levels ongoing. But if you do want to purchase Magnesium Bicarb premade, Mastering Minerals and Pristine Hydro are probably the best brands to go with.
I’m going to share below how to make your own and it’s super easy!!
1. Chilled filtered water. I use pristine hydro water that I filter myself at home. I purchased the travel water filter here. Use code KCPHARMD to save 10%!
2. Magnesium Bicarbonate powder. I purchase from Crucial Four (I also love their salt!), use code KCPHARMD to save 10%.
- Measure 1-2 tsp of MagBicarb.
- Add the Magnesium to 28 oz of chilled water and shake to combine. Then add carbonation to this water via soda stream or the like. If you don’t have your own machine to carbonate the water- you can purchase pre-carbonated water such as Perrier.
- Shake gently and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Shake the bottle again (several times over the course of the next 20 minutes is ideal) and refrigerate.
- When the liquid clears, (typically within another 20-30 minutes) the MagBicarb in the carbonated water should have reacted with the CO2 to become concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water.
How to Consume
Start off consuming 1-2 ounces once or twice daily. Work your way up to 9 oz daily throughout the day!
Here are a couple of ways to work it in:
1. You can add to your adrenal cocktail! This is by far the easiest way to get in many things in one shot:)
2. You can add a little lemon juice to a couple of ounces and drink on its own.
Check out this short video to see how to prepare!