Castor oil packs are an easy, yet impactful practice to add into your daily or weekly ‘healthy habits’. To get the best benefit, use them daily, at a minimum I would suggest 3 times weekly.
Reasons why you may want to use them:
- for thyroid health(aid in the conversion of T3 to T4)
- to aid in constipation
- for liver health
- A congested liver affects hormonal health and also can cause headaches as well.
- reduce inflammation
- Increased absorption of nutrients from food or supplements
- Helps break down biofilms (the protective sacks parasites, bacteria, viruses, etc. live in)
- Reduce overall systemic inflammation
- Helps shift us from a sympathetic to a parasympathetic
- Increases bile production and utilization
- supports liver function- so it helps us detox better
- Improves the quality of sleep
- Aids in menstrual discomforts
- Can help shrink cysts and fibroids
- Helps support the lymphatic system and circulation
In your journey to wellness, you may have tunnel vision… which likely has you chasing your tail. Check out this free video training to help you see the bigger picture, gain clarity, and finally move forward in your health!
When castor oil is absorbed through your skin., your lymphocyte count increases (here is a great article on how castor oil works). When your lymphocyte count increases, it speeds up the removal of toxins from your tissues, thus it aids in healing.
When is best to wear a castor oil pack?
I love to wear a castor oil pack overnight. It’s super easy and also the most effective time to wear it, but when starting out, begin with wearing your pack 1 hour/day for the first 14 days, and then you can work your way up to overnight.
Did you know that during the night your body is doing a lot of detoxification processes? It would only make sense to support that. For instance, your gallbladder is working from 11 pm-1 am, your liver 1 am-3 am, your lungs 3 am-5 am, and your large intestine 5 am-7 am.
You can do this every night, however 3-4 times a week would also be very beneficial. If you find that wearing it overnight is too long or you are having any issues arise with the pack, try wearing it during the day for only 1 hour and work your way up from there! Check out more here.
Other helpful tips:
- castor oil will stain, so it’s best to have a designated ‘ castor oil shirt’ that you wear with the pack that you don’t mind messing up:)
- The more you use your pack and it gets saturated, that is when you run the risk of it getting on things.
- Use the cap that comes on the castor oil bottle to measure the amount needed for each use.
Do you struggle to have the energy you need to do all God has called you to each day? Check out the free PDF resource I put together with 3 steps to support daily detox for better energy that actually gets to the root of the issue when it comes to fatigue!