Our body is always fighting for blood sugar balance.
Blood sugar is essential as it fuels your brain and every metabolic process in your body!
This is why blood sugar balance matters! If you experience any or all of the above symptoms it could come from an imbalance of your blood sugar levels.
My recent studies have shed some light on this subject. Truthfully, it’s not something I’ve ever thought much about. I’ve come to realize that it’s hugely important to overall health and there is a very good chance it could be causing some unwanted symptoms + dis-eases.
In your journey to wellness, you may have tunnel vision… which likely has you chasing your tail. Check out this free video training to help you see the bigger picture, gain clarity, and finally move forward in your health!
There are many factors in blood sugar balance. When we think of negative factors, an “unhealthy diet” is typically the first one- but it’s not that straight forward.
When we do not have a good balance of fat, fiber, and protein- this is how we can see those blood sugar spikes. Simply adding in some protein to a meal can significantly help keep your blood sugar steady. Your day to day diet should be a good mix of healthy fiber, fats, protein, carbs. Via fruits, veggies and meats if you choose. @glucosegoddess (website: www.sugarmam.ai) a great account to follow for some insightful information on blood sugar spikes after eating various foods and food combinations!
What I got out of that information was protein/fat/fiber will blunt a high spike in blood sugar like nothing else. If you are eating say an apple, pairing it with some almond butter will blunt the spike in blood sugar to a very minimal one. Also eating carbs at the end of the meal will significantly steady blood sugar levels.
I am working on a course right now that will go much more in-depth about this + the effects of stress and blood sugar. Stay tunned!
My healthy blood sugar balancing brew
8 oz water
1 drop of doTERRA cinnamon oil
1 drop of doTERRA grapefruit oil
drink after meals and help to blunt your blood sugar spike!
You can also use vinegar to balance blood sugar!
2 Potential triggers
When our body has increased inflammation, cortisol is triggered and thus triggers an increase in blood sugar. Cortisol has a cooling effect to help calm inflammation in the body. Think of a cortisone shot- cortisone is the synthetic form of cortisol. Cortisol is our body natural way of dealing with pain. The problem is if that inflammation doesn’t go away and cortisol continues to remain high, it causes an increase in blood sugar.
Essential oils to support a healthy inflammatory response:
- Copaiba- it affects the endocanabanoid system and will help your body deal with both stress and inflammation.
- Tumeric will promote a healthy inflammatory response as well.
- Take both with a meal to help with inflammation and blood sugar.
Stress triggers an increase in cortisol. It pumps it into our system so we can fight or flight. When it’s long-standing it can cause serious blood sugar issues. Deep breathing helps to lower cortisol and calm the physiological stress response- pair that with essential oils and WOW! Our body is wired to deal with stress but in small increments. Over an extended period of time, stress causes an increase in cortisol. It’s the same pathway as inflammation, just with a different trigger.
Essential oils to support a healthy stress response:
- Lavender, Balance, Aromatouch, Copaiba, and Adaptiv are my top picks for supporting stress in the body. Make sure to inhale these essential oils to access the olfactory system, as that is key in calming the nervous system!
Supplements for healthy blood sugar balance
doTERRA’s Livelong Vitality pack is the best all in one I can recommend to you when it comes to healthy blood sugar (and really overall health in general) You are covered on so many levels! There are 3 components of this pack and below I broke down why each is great for blood sugar balance.
- Microplex VMZ
- Microplex contains Magnesium and chromium which is excellent for sugar balance. It contains all your powdered fruits and veggies as well.
- Fish oil has been studied to increase insulin sensitivity. It’s also great for healthy inflammation and heart health.
- You are also getting blood sugar, inflammatory and stress tempering essential oils as well. Frankincense, wild orange, ginger in this one supplement.
- Alpha CRS
- Alpha CRS is huge for helping your blood sugar. It supports healthy inflammation like almost no other supplement.
- It contains tumeric, which is excellent for helping temper the body’s response to inflammation.
- Coenzyme q10 is included and this is a vital part of your cell’s energy producing powerhouses and critical if you want to improve your carb utilization.
- Alpha lipoic acid has been studied to help carb utilization and is included in this supplement as well.
- Digestive enzymes have been studied and shown to help the body assimilate the response to carbs so that our bodies can better utilize them.
All of the supplements and essential oils can be purchased through doTERRA. If you have your own wholesale account, please purchase them there!
If you would like a great start to healthy blood sugar, I’ve put together a little starter bundle for you! It includes cinnamon, grapefruit, Lifelong Vitality, Copaiba and Tumeric. You can purchase that here.
As always, reach out with any questions!
Q: Does balancing your blood sugar really matter THAT much?
A: It’s probably the most overlooked “ big player” in many areas Of your health. Here are a few ????
✔️Hormones – one of the greatest enemies to your hormones is sugar. It’s inherently linked to estrogen because insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas every time you eat carbs or sugar (it transports the sugar into the cell). Too much throws your hormones all off.
✔️Digestion- too much sugar can lead to leaky gut and research has shown that “disordered gut health leads to impaired glucose tolerance and can increase the risk for insulin resistance”.
✔️Sleep – Just as sleep affects blood sugar levels, blood sugar levels also impact sleep quality.
✔️Stress – when we experience stress, our cortisol( the stress hormone) increases and tells the body to make all available sugar ready to be used ( the fight or flight response) and in turn when we have high blood sugar is a stress on the body.
All of the above is kinda like being on a ?that you just want to get off of ? and over time your body gets burned out from this and way bigger probs are on the way …