Want to learn an amazing tonic that can support your liver?
All you need is 3 ingredients to make this easy and nutrient-dense liver tonic which can help with liver function, something we all need to support!
The benefits of this elixir include natural probiotics, B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
It supports healthy liver detoxification and helps thin bile in the gallbladder. Many use it to prevent morning sickness, as that is often rooted in liver congestion. Of course, with all these benefits, beet kvass can really aid in gut health and digestion.
Beet kvass is fermented, so it tastes very similar to other fermented foods: earthy, salty, and a bit sour.
I don’t love the flavor, but I drink it because of the amazing health benefits! Pro tip: mix with a little OJ to cut the taste:)
Do you struggle to have the energy you need to do all God has called you to each day? Check out the free PDF resource I put together with 3 steps to support daily detox for better energy that actually gets to the root of the issue when it comes to fatigue!
How do you make it?
- 3-4 small raw beets or 1 large raw beet, washed, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- filtered water, I use pristine hydro (code KCPHARMD to save)
- 1 tablespoon Celtic sea salt, Redmond real salt (KCPHARMD to save 15%) or Crucial four salt (KCPHARMD10 to save 10%)
- Place the beets in a 2-quart glass or ceramic pitcher. Cover with filtered water and stir in the salt.
- Cover with a clean cloth and place in a dark cool place for 3 days.
- After 3 days, remove the beets and store the kvass in the fridge (if there is foam on the top, just skim it off). It will keep for about 2 weeks.
- Note: It is important to chop the beets and not grate them. Grated beets will create too much juice and will ferment too rapidly, resulting in alcohol instead of lactic acid.
Check out this short video on how to make this liver tonic!
How to use:
- I recommend starting with 3-4 ounces each morning on an empty stomach. Then, work up to drinking about 6 ounces a day. See video below for an easy hack to take it if you don’t love the taste:)